HARVEST JAM EXCITEMENT BUILDING!
JOIN US SEPTEMBER 14-15
Harvest Jam 2012 is almost here and the excitement is building! Please join us on Friday, September 14 from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. and Saturday, September 15 from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. as we rock the lot! Again this year, the two-day homecoming festival will be held in the school parking lot and adjacent Sunnyside Ave.
And now the moment you’ve been waiting for... Here’s the Band Line-Up:
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 14
- 5:00pm Our very own Scott Grube!
- 6:30pm Common Shiner
- 8:30pm Diving for Dynamite (featuring former members of Material Issue)
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
- 10:30am Mary Macaroni (A Lincoln Square favorite featuring kids’ songs, magic and balloons)
- 11:30am The Lovely and Fun Maryanne Johnson (singing all the kids’ favorites!)
- 1:00pm J.K. Sanchez (A long-time favorite!)
- 4:00pm Bobby Rex Group
- 6:30pm Josh Scholl (Hollywood recording artist, featuring his single “City Lights”)
- 8:30pm Jaked (back by popular demand – featuring Harvest Jam’s own Frank Manna)
NEW to the kids’ area this year will be putt-putt golf, skee ball, fat cats and a rock climbing wall! Start stretching out those hamstrings!
Returning this year is the scarecrow contest and silent auction. Does your class have what it takes to de-throne Mrs. MacMurray’s first grade class? This year’s Grillmaster’s Challenge is rumored to have some heavy competition, so rev up your rib rub and sign up!
Advance tickets will be on sale before and after school and Sunday masses beginning Sunday, September 2 through Thursday, September 13 and they’re good for both days! Tickets can also be purchased online here.
Sponsorships Needed: Your participation in this event guarantees the success of this important school fundraiser. Our annual Harvest Jam Festival is made possible by the generous donations of our parishioners, school families and local businesses. If you would like to help us underwrite the costs of this year’s event, any amount large or small would be greatly appreciated! This year’s family sponsorship opportunities are as follows:
- Gold Level Sponsor – $500 - helps underwrite the entertainment - includes 10 entry tickets
- Silver Level Sponsor - $250 – helps underwrite food & beverage – includes 5 entry tickets
- Bronze Level Sponsor - $100 – helps underwrite kids games – includes 2 entry tickets
If you would like to make a donation, click the image above or make your check payable to Queen of Angels and mail it to: Queen of Angels c/o Harvest Jam Sponsorships, 4520 N. Western Avenue, Chicago, IL 60625. For additional information on donating or corporate sponsorships, please contact Laurel McCaleb at 773-343-3875 or email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your donations! We hope to see you at Harvest Jam 2012!
- - - - -
GOT COOKING SKILLS?
Are you renowned for your BBQ ribs or do you make the best smoked brisket around? Is your chili good enough to make your mama cry? Is your granny proud of your apple pie?
The annual Grillmaster Challenge, Chili Cook-Off and Apple Pie Bake-Off will take place Saturday, September 15 during Harvest Jam. To participate:
- Contact the school for an application –or get it in the gathering space at church or download and print here— and return it with the $15 entry fee;
- Prepare your favorite recipe for the contest; and
- Be at HJ during the event to offer judge and crowd tastings. Pie bake-off is at noon; chili cook-off at 2 pm.; and grillmaster challenge at 4 p.m.
Entry deadline is September 12.
Contact Sue Roeser at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-493-0372. Ready, set, cook!